Wealth managers know that two of the most popular charitable vehicles available are private foundations and donor-advised funds. Today both are easy and inexpensive to set up and run, despite recent press to the contrary. As a result, the right choice – or combination of choices – requires a thorough understanding of the donor’s objectives and familiarity with the features of each vehicle.
Foundation Source, the nation’s leading provider of support services for private foundations, will host two webinars to help wealth managers and their clients better understand when private foundations and donor-advised funds should be used – and why. The webinar will be led by Andrew Bangser, President of Foundation Source and Page Snow, Chief Philanthropic Officer and President of Foundation Source Advisors.
These webinars will explore questions that advisors and clients can ask to help make better philanthropic choices, including:
- To what extent do you want to involve your children or other family members in your giving?
- How many generations do you want your philanthropic legacy to endure?
- How important is control over investment and grant decisions?
- Do you want to reimburse expenses and/or hire staff to support your mission?
- How important is it for you to remain completely anonymous in your giving?
- Will you want to go beyond traditional “gifting” to other forms of support: loans, international giving, scholarships, awards, emergency assistance?