Social Media on Purpose
SSIR and Tides have combined forces to launch Social Media on Purpose, an intensive, one-day conference designed for executives at nonprofits and other social mission organizations who are responsible for their organization’s social media strategy. Speakers include: Meg Garlinghouse, head of social impact, LinkedIn; Libby Leffler, strategic partner manager, Facebook; Ramya Raghavan, nonprofit program manager, YouTube; and Marcia Stepanek, journalist and adjunct faculty, New York University; with more confirmed speakers to come.
Social Media on Purpose has been developed for executives at nonprofits and other social mission organizations who are responsible for their organization’s social media strategy and facing these exact challenges. Sessions will provide:
• A framework for developing an effective social media strategy for your organization, including practical guidance on how to identify your social media goals and implement strategies for achieving them.
• In-depth presentations and discussions on each of the major platforms—including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn—all tailored for nonprofit organizations.
• Numerous examples and mini case studies illustrating how nonprofits have set social media goals, implemented programs, and measured results.
• Short presentations on a number of up-and-coming social media platforms and tools—including ones for crowdfunding, photo sharing, and community websites—and time to speak with representatives of these organizations.
• Inspiration: You will leave knowing you can create an effective social media strategy and achieve results that support your organization’s goals.
Participants will also be able to network with other nonprofit and social mission organization leaders facing the same social media challenges. The conference will include a continental breakfast, a gourmet boxed lunch, and a “social blender” at the close of the day.