Corporate foundations have unique requirements and can be complex. Often they’re managed by employees who also have other jobs within the company. These dual roles can make it challenging to keep up with IRS regulations that apply to the foundation.
This white paper provides guidance on five common areas of potential trouble:
- Sharing staff, office space, and business equipment
- Receiving company recognition for foundation donations
- Accepting tickets to charity galas and events
- Compensating foundation employees
- Providing scholarships to employees and their children