Whether you’re just getting started with your private foundation, or your foundation has been in the family for generations, there might come a time when you find yourself in need of some expert counsel and practical philanthropic guidance. Foundation Source’s Philanthropic Advisory Services were developed specifically to meet such needs. They’re a one-stop resource for philanthropic guidance and expertise, provided by our in-house Philanthropic Directors.
Having our Philanthropic Directors readily accessible to you means they’re available to answer a question in real time; build family consensus and support decision-making at a major turning-point; or customize a consulting engagement around a specific need.
From the moment you become a client, our Foundation Source Philanthropic Directors are at your service. They offer a host of complimentary services for our clients, including:
- Guidance on your foundation’s philanthropic objectives and organizational goals
- Facilitating introductions to other funders working on the same issues
- Serving as an ongoing sounding board for board decision-making, grantee selection, and strategy
- Handpicking content and resources relevant to your foundation’s interests and needs
Should you require more extensive support, your Philanthropic Director offers customized fee-based engagements, such as:
- Facilitating a board meeting
- Engaging the next generation in your philanthropy
- Crafting your mission
- Taking your foundation to the next level
The Foundation Source Difference
When you need philanthropic services, you could go to a philanthropic consulting firm. But why would you? We administer more than 1,500 foundations, so we know what works in practice, not just in theory. And because we know your foundation and you, we’re able to offer solutions that are based on our understanding of your unique needs, operations, and capabilities. Finally, while traditional consulting firms may have a financial incentive to lengthen engagements, our ultimate goal is your satisfaction, not billable hours, so you get straightforward advice and actionable strategies that cut to the chase.
Resource: Philanthropic Advisory Services Brochure